April 25, 2019
We are seeking a Spatial Data Analyst to join our SUPERSPACE team in London.
Who we are:
SUPERSPACE are the design research group within Woods Bagot Architects. We design and develop digital design systems based on user and spatial analysis, providing the data-rich evidence for developers, urban designers and governments to design truly human-centric environments. As a multi-disciplinary design research team, we have been a leader in the field of spatial analysis, spatial cognition and design computation for nearly 20 years. We are seeking a Spatial Data Analyst to join our Urban Systems team within the London Studio.
What you would do:
You will be part of a multidisciplinary team working together to deliver innovative data-driven projects within our Urban Systems service. Your role will be to support consultancy and research projects using Spatial Data Analysis. You will be responsible for sourcing, analysing and visualising data, as well as developing new spatial data analytics methods and workflows. You will:
- Collect, clean, transform, analyse and visualize spatial data on research and consultancy projects
- Apply our current workflows and extend our team’s capability in spatial data analytics
- Design and deliver bespoke data visualizations, with a strong focus on spatial data
- Design and implement custom metrics to leverage advanced spatial analysis, including designing Machine Learning pipelines
- Design research methodologies to provide answers tailored to our clients’ needs
- Assist with maintaining our data archive
- Support Urban Analysts and Consultants in the team on a variety of topics:
- Urban Feasibility and Assessment
- International Masterplanning
- Urban Strategy & Design Framework development
- R&D in Urban Design and Analytics
Who you are:
As a Spatial Data Analyst, you have a deep interest in urban systems and mix of skills that demonstrates your ability to develop and deploy spatial analytics for such systems. You have a strong analytical mind and are eager to learn and work on a variety of topics. Skills and qualifications should include:
- Degree/MSc. in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics or similar with experience in Geospatial data, or
- Degree/MSc. in Architecture and/or Urban Design/ Planning with experience in Advanced Spatial Analysis, PhD desirable
- Strong Python skills
- Skilled in working with GIS
- Experience with relational and spatial databases: PostGRES + PostGIS
- Comfortable working with Git
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable working within a distributed team, across different time zones.
- Experience working in the Urban Analysis / Geospatial Data Science realm
- Rhino3D desirable
- Some experience building Machine Learning pipelines (preferably within the Python ML environment)
- Other Data analysis languages such as R or Scala
- Docker and K8s
- Some experience with cloud services, AWS highly desirable.
Woods Bagot prides itself on driving Dynamic Careers. We believe that our people’s potential is released through
opportunities and experiences which are the reward for contribution, initiative, and personal accountability. Our job
is to help enable you to take your career to the next level.
If you have the knowledge, skills, and experience for this role, we would love to hear from you!
We offer a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package.
To apply, please email your CV and portfolio (or work samples/web portfolio links) to: email@example.com