April 25, 2019
We are seeking a Senior Spatial Data Analyst to join our SUPERSPACE team in London.
Due to exceptional growth in our Woods Bagot Design Research group SUPERSPACE, we are seeking a Spatial Design Researcher to deliver innovative data-driven projects within our Urban Systems service. You will use spatial data analysis and quantitative research methods to deliver international consultancy and research projects, as part of a multidisciplinary team within our London Studio.
- Collect, clean, transform, analyse and visualize spatial data on research and consultancy projects
- Maintain and develop data-analytics pipelines in Python / PostGIS, document and share access to these within the team
- Design and implement custom metrics to leverage advanced spatial analysis, including designing Machine Learning pipelines
- Design and deliver bespoke data visualizations to project deadlines
- Assist with maintaining our data archive
- Support Urban Analysts and Consultants in the team on a variety of topics:
- Urban Feasibility and Assessment
- International Masterplanning
- Urban Strategy & Design Framework development
- R&D in Urban Design and Analytics
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience using Python for analysis
- Strong GIS skills
- Experience with relational and spatial databases: PostGRES + PostGIS
- Comfortable working with Git
- Good spatial data analysis and statistics skills
- Masters-level qualification in Spatial Data Science or similar, or
- Masters-level qualification in Architecture/Urban Design/Planning with equivalent industry experience in Advanced Spatial Analysis
- 1-4 years applying their skills within industry or research
We would also love to hear about any experience of:
- Using quantitative spatial analysis for Urban Design and Planning projects
- Rhino3D + Grasshopper
The ideal candidate will be comfortable balancing research and development with consultancy work, and in working with a distributed global team.
What is SUPERSPACE:
SUPERSPACE is the design research group of Woods Bagot architects developing spatial systems for architecture and urban design. Artificial intelligence, big data and behavioural analysis are integrated to generate evidence-based user-centered environments. Spatial systems are developed in-house through stand-alone computer programming by a team of multi-disciplinary designers.
SUPERSPACE works internationally on the boundary between academia and practice and has conducted several research funding projects in collaboration with universities across Europe and the US.
About Woods Bagot
Wood Bagot is a leading architecture and design company. We place human experience at the centre of our design process in order to deliver engaging, future-oriented projects that respond to the way people use space. We do this as a global design and consulting studio with a team of over 1000 experts working across 15 studios in Australia, Asia, Europe, the Middle East and North America We operate in a collaborative and open environment where our global studio environment, ideas, teamwork and research allow us to deliver exceptional solutions to our clients.
If you have the knowledge, skills, and experience for this role, we encourage you to share our vision, to strive for excellence and apply for this role. Please submit your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your suitability to the position (maximum 3MB). Only applications with a supporting cover letter will be considered. Applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.