- Intellectual Property
Woods Bagot owns or is the licensor of all of the intellectual property rights in and to the Website and the Content.
- Prohibited Activities
In connection with your use of the Website and/or the Content, you acknowledge and agree that you will not:
- Use the Website in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair Woods Bagot’s servers or networks, or interfere with any other user’s use and enjoyment of the Website.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to any of the Website, accounts, computer systems or networks connected to Woods Bagot through hacking, password mining or any other means.
- Obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Website or the Services.
- Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or image, or other content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, or otherwise objectionable which may invade another’s right of privacy or publicity.
- Post or transmit any material that contains a virus or corrupted data.
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations on Content.
- Violate any applicable local, state, national or international law.
- Upload or transmit any material that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of Woods Bagot or any other party.
- Manipulate or otherwise display the Website by using framing or similar navigational technology.
- Website Registration and Privacy
To access and use certain services and areas of our Website, (like downloading Blue Papers) you must first complete a website registration form. The registration form requires you to provide your:
- E-mail address
- Street address and
- Mobile number
Why are we collecting this information and who will we give it to? Woods Bagot collects personal information from Website users in order to keep a database of registered users and to provide you with access to Content. We would also like to send you information about Woods Bagot’s products and services – although you can opt out of receiving this material from us by checking the appropriate box on the Website registration form.
If you provide us with your personal information and later decide that you do not want to receive any further information about our services and products please let us know. You can do this by writing to us at Woods Bagot, PO Box 470, Flinders Lane, VIC 8003, or telephoning us on +61 3 8646 6600 and advising us that you do not wish to receive any future communications of this type from Woods Bagot.
What happens if you don’t provide your personal information?
If you do not provide us with your personal information, you will not be able to access certain services and information provided on the Website. In particular, you will not be able to download Blue Papers.
Woods Bagot respects your privacy and the security and integrity of your personal information. We do this by regulating the way in which we collect, use, disclose, hold and destroy your personal information. We ensure that your personal information remains confidential and is only used for appropriate purposes.
We use log files to analyse trends, administer the Website, track users’ movement in the aggregate and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. Information in log files is not linked to any personal identifiers, except where reasonably necessary to prevent fraud or abuse of the web site and associated systems.
We may also use third party analytical software and services that do not store personal information.
Privacy and links to other sites
Updating personal information and other queries
You can change and modify information previously provided – this can be done by contacting us at: [email@example.com]
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, our privacy practices, or your dealings with Woods Bagot, you can contact us at: [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Please address your email to the attention of the Privacy Officer.
Any complaints are investigated as appropriate. The fact that a complaint was made may be recorded and details about the complaint may be stored in case of future complaints about the same member or our service.
- Discussion Forums and Blogs
Discussion forums and blogs are intended to serve as discussion centres for users. Information posted may come from a number of sources. We take no responsibility and do not endorse the information posted on discussion forums and blogs. We have no editorial control over this content and make no guarantees about its accuracy, completeness, or usefulness.
Woods Bagot has no obligation to monitor any of the content or postings on any discussion forums or blogs on the Website. However, removal of postings is completely at our discretion.
You agree to give us a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide licence to reproduce, communicate, edit, adapt or otherwise use your postings to our discussion forums and blogs as we see fit, including the right to sublicense to others at our discretion. You also give us a licence to deal with the postings as necessary to perform technical and administrative functions to operate the website.
You consent to your postings being altered, edited or adapted for use under our licence as we see fit. If you don’t want your posting to be used by us in this way, please don’t post it. Once you have made a posting, you can’t withdraw or retract your licence and consents.
Sometimes we may place links on the Website which let you leave our Website in order to access a linked website. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the availability of any linked sites or resources, and do not endorse any content, advertising, products, or other materials, goods or services on or available from any linked sites or resources.
- Disclaimer of Warranties
Except as provided by law, the Website is provided ‘as is’ and without any warranty or condition, express or implied.
Woods Bagot does not warrant and expressly disclaims that:
- i) your use of the website and access to and use of all of its tools and features will be uninterrupted, error-free, or secure;
- ii) information obtained on the Website is accurate, reliable, complete or suitable for your purposes; or defects will be corrected.
- iii) any software, services, website or server(s) on which the services and website are hosted are free of viruses or other harmful components.
Your use of the Website and any content or other information or materials provided on or through the Website is entirely at your own risk. You should check the accuracy and completeness of any information you obtain from the Website before using it or relying on it.
- Disclaimer of Liability
We are not liable to you or anyone else for any loss, damage, liability, cost or expense suffered in connection with your use of the Website or its Content or any reliance you or anybody else places on any information or Content on the Website.
- Governing Law and Choice of Forum