London, United Kingdom
Masdar City, Abu Dhabi
Auckland, New Zealand
New York, New York
A Message from CEO Nik Karalis
Today, on World Earth Day2021, we are contemplating our contribution to a new green economy grounded predominantly in sustainability innovations. With construction being a significant contributor to increasing carbon emissions worldwide, it is even more critical that we finally deliver on the carbon neutrality commitments articulated in the 2030 Architects Declaration.
For us, this signals a fundamental mindset change in everything we do as a practice and spans every facet of business – including carbon offsets and community benefits. Our shift towards regenerative design includes several complimentary initiatives, including:
– Desktop climate energy analysis available to all users and projects
– Newly designed masterplans with a bias towards sustainability and regeneration; including the expansion of the Masdar campus in Abu Dhabi
– Currently in development, our new in-house proprietary wellness assessment tool that provides overall sustainable design ambition ratings
– Selection of one of our staff as UAE Ambassador for Nature 2020
– Research into renewable LA-based electric charging stations
– Participation in the London Energy Transformation Initiative (LETI) network to put London on the path to a zero carbon future.
We recently participated in BBC StoryWorks’, ‘Building a Better Future’ film series – presented by the World Green Building Council featuring Richard Fenne and the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) headquarters by WB . You can watch the video below.
Talk to Nik Karalis about the new green economy.
27 Jan 20