La Trobe University Centre for Research and Training in Environmental Science

To Maintain A Consistent Language On The Campus By Drawing Reference To Scale, Materials and Colours.

The new Centre of Research and Training in Environmental Science Building at the La Trobe University Albury Wodonga Campus is joint research facility accommodating both the Murray Darling Freshwater Research Centre (MDFRC) as well as specialised teaching facilities for La Trobe University.

The proposed single-storey building of approximately 1350 m2 will provide 90% accommodation for MDFRC in the nature of specialised research laboratories and office space, and the remainder 10% will consist of teaching laboratories for La Trobe University students studying courses within the department of environmental management and ecology.

The proposal is located to the western part of the campus and is also a continual implementation of the overall masterplan for the campus of aligning buildings along a central pedestrian avenue. The new centre also maintains a consistent language on the campus by drawing reference to scale, materials and colours of the existing buildings, whilst providing it with its own defined architectural form.

Details.

Client

La Trobe University

Address

Bundoora, Australia

Area

1350 m2

Status

Completed

Completion Date

2005

wechat qr code