Woods Bagot is looking to appoint a Design Computation Specialist to work as part of a global research, development and consulting team. This role is integral to the firm’s design technology strategy.
- Contribute to the strategic development of Woods Bagot’s Design Technology capability by researching and developing new technologies and techniques, directly assisting key projects from time to time, and developing and supporting global standards.
- Assist with the implementation of Design Technology related methodologies and skills on key projects, including parametric design, building analysis, and Building Information Modelling (BIM). Project support may include international travel.
- Strategically assist and collaborate with Studio Design Technology Managers and the Global Design Technology Team to deliver multi-studio or complex projects.
- Deliver project, studio and individual training to address identified skill gaps, and a goal of continuous improvement for all staff in design technology related tools and techniques
- Lead nominated strategic projects on behalf of the Design Technology Team
- Develop and promote Woods Bagot’s reputation for design technology related expertise and quality project delivery, including participation in industry events and technical forums
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Design, or a related discipline
- Extensive knowledge of digital project delivery practices, standards and techniques
- Extensive experience using advanced design technology techniques (Computation, BIM) for the delivery of complex projects
- Expert knowledge of advanced parametric design and analysis (Rhino, Grasshopper, Dynamo, analysis tools)
- Advanced knowledge of BIM tools (Autodesk Revit)
- Strong skills in developing flexible, agile design modelling solutions to assist in an iterative design process
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability use time effectively, maximise efficiency, and meet challenging goals
- Ability to determine and manage priorities with minimal guidance
- Ability to work as part of a team, and independently
Woods Bagot prides itself on driving Dynamic Careers. We believe that our people's potential are released through opportunities and experiences which are the reward for contribution, initiative, and personal accountability. Our job is to help enable you to take your career to the next level.
If you have the knowledge, skills, and experience for this role, please submit your resume along with a cover letter outlining your suitability to the position and an electronic copy of your portfolio to Sally-ann Fieldhouse at firstname.lastname@example.org