August 30, 2019
About the Role
The role of the Operations and Management Stream Leader is to lead the effective management of the studio and to enable positive financial performance and operational effectiveness. This role will require you to work closely with the executive team and assist in Finance, P&C and IT, as well as being the first point of contact for all office-related matters for the whole employee group. The role also has responsibility for managing and supporting the Admin team.
Key areas of responsibilities:
- Manage a studio budget from the Regional and Studio business plan.
- Independently review WIP, revenue take-up and project performance. Ensure corrective actions are taken when necessary to maximise the Project Profitability and mitigate future risks.
- Practice Management; Regularly review the practice (integrated) management system within the studio to establish that it is being correctly adopted and to determine what problems might have emerged with the procedures and task lists.
- Supporting the Management Stream Leader with the coordination of People & Culture activities. Including assisting in recruitment, selection, orientation
- Finance administration assistance including monthly leave spreadsheet for payroll, cab charge, petty cash and AMEX reconciliation
- Providing day to day operational support to the Studio.
- Practice management; Implement and maintain the workplace to ensure that employees are properly certified and trained in accordance with global standards/.
- Management of the Administrative team (Team Assistant, Receptionist, and Studio Assistant).
This position requires someone who has worked in a similar position previously, ideally within a professional services or design environment. You possess a strong ability to multi-task, build relationships and can demonstrate a proactive and positive attitude.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role.
- A hands-on approach towards deadlines and Demonstrated experience in an Office or Operations Management role within a professional services environment.
- Experience in project resourcing and a sound understanding of project financial management.
- Exposure to Human Resources practices and programs
- A background in Architecture or allied industry highly desirable.
- A qualification in Business, Finance, Human Resources, Architecture or Design
About Woods Bagot:
Wood Bagot is a leading architecture and design company. We place human experience at the centre of our design process in order to deliver engaging, future-oriented projects that respond to the way people use space. We do this as a global design and consulting studio with a team of over 1000 experts working across 15 studios in Australia, Asia, Europe, the Middle East and North America We operate in a collaborative and open environment where our global studio environment, ideas, teamwork and research allow us to deliver exceptional solutions to our clients.
Benefits of Woods Bagot:
Woods Bagot are committed to growing and developing our talent:
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Annual Discretionary Bonus
- Friday drinks, and regular social activities.
- Global Project experience.
If you have the knowledge, skills, and experience for this role, we would love to hear from you! Please email a copy of your resume to Kushal Lal at Recruitment@woodsbagot.com.
Please apply below with a cover letter and resume detailing your suitability for this position. Applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.