October 15, 2019
Due to exceptional growth in our Woods Bagot Design Research group SUPERSPACE, we are seeking a Spatial Design Researcher to deliver innovative data-driven projects within our Urban Systems service. You will be working on international consultancy and research projects, as part of a multidisciplinary team within our London Studio.
- Contribute to consultancy projects using spatial data analysis methods in 2D and 3D
- Collect, clean, transform, analyse and visualize spatial data on research and consultancy projects
- Implement custom metrics to leverage advanced spatial analysis
- Design and deliver bespoke data visualizations
- Clearly communicate insights and design recommendations in reports and presentations
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong understanding of evidence-based design
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- GIS skills (QGIS preferred)
- Experience in programming/coding (Python / Java preferred)
- CAD skills (Rhino3D + Grasshopper desirable)
- InDesign and Photoshop skills
- Masters-level qualification in Spatial Data Science, Architectural Computation or similar or
- Masters-level qualification in Architecture/Urban Design/Planning with equivalent industry experience in Spatial Data Analysis / Coding
We would also love to hear about any experience of:
- Industry experience using quantitative spatial analysis for Urban Design / Architecture
- Relational and spatial databases: PostGRES + PostGIS
The ideal candidate will feel comfortable with the steep learning curve and experimentation required to implement cutting edge evidence-based design methods.
What is SUPERSPACE
SUPERSPACE is the design research group of Woods Bagot architects developing spatial systems for architecture and urban design. Artificial intelligence, big data and behavioural analysis are integrated to generate evidence-based user-centred environments. Spatial systems are developed in-house through stand-alone computer programming by a team of multi-disciplinary designers.
SUPERSPACE works internationally on the boundary between academia and practice and has conducted several research funding projects in collaboration with universities across Europe and the US.
About Woods Bagot
Woods Bagot is a leading global design studio that is committed to innovative solutions. Across our network of studios in Australia, Asia, Middle East, North America and Europe we operate in a collaborative and open environment where our global studio environment, ideas, teamwork and research allow us to deliver exceptional solutions to our clients.
If you have the knowledge, skills, and experience for this role, we encourage you to share our vision, to strive for excellence and apply for this role. Please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability to the position (maximum 3MB). Only applications with a supporting cover letter will be considered. Applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.