April 25, 2019
Due to exceptional growth in our Woods Bagot Design Research group SUPERSPACE, we are seeking a spatial data scientist to join us in Shanghai. You will be working with the global SUPERSPACE team in London, Sydney and San Francisco.
You are interested or even passionate about:
- Architectural and urban design
- Data analytics and visualization to the design of spatial and social environments
- Beautiful mapping
The successful candidate will have previous experience in
- Statistical analysis & Machine Learning
- Database administration
- Data visualization
- Intermediate computer programming skills
- GIS (Geographic Information System)
- Basic CAD
- Fluent English
What is SUPERSPACE
SUPERSPACE is the design research group of Woods Bagot architects developing spatial systems for architecture and urban design. Artificial intelligence, big data and behavioural analysis are integrated to generate evidence-based user-centred environments. Spatial systems are developed in-house through stand-alone computer programming by a team of multi-disciplinary designers.
SUPERSPACE works internationally on the boundary between academia and practice and has conducted several research funding projects in collaboration with universities across Europe and the US.
About the role
Reporting to the Director of SUPERSPACE and Manager of Data Analytics, the role provides a local Asian link to the design research group and represents SUPERSPACE to the Chinese Woods Bagot studios and clients. This is a newly created position and plays an integral role in the implementation of SUPERSPACE.
- Harvest and generate data and curate databases with rest of team
- Develop data analysis / mining / visualization in spatial environments
- Develop spatial analysis using GIS
- Application of SUPERSPACE methodology to consultancy project
- Conduct client meetings and workshops
If you have the knowledge, skills, and experience for this role, we encourage you to share our vision, to strive for excellence and apply for this role. Please submit your resume with a minimum of 5 examples of your work and a cover letter outlining your suitability to the position (maximum 3MGB). email@example.com