September 30, 2019
Due to exceptional growth in our Woods Bagot Design Research group SUPERSPACE, we are seeking a mid-level Developer to join us in Sydney. You will be working as part of the global SUPERSPACE team with members in London, Sydney and San Francisco and play a key role in the development of our research-led, data analysis software and related technical infrastructure.
The successful candidate will have some experience working with
- Full-stack software development with a focus on backend-end development (Python, Java, Node.js)
- Database administration (MongoDB, PostgreSQL)
- Some form of spatial modelling, mapping or location-based technologies
- Statistical analysis & Machine Learning exposure (ideally some working knowledge of existing commercial ML related products and services)
We would also love to hear about any exposure to the following:
- AWS and/or other cloud computing services
- Front-end development libraries (React)
- API development (GraphQL)
- Data visualisation skills – especially any experience using D3.js, Three.js or mapping libraries
- Agile development and automation using Docker and Kubernetes
The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in Architecture and Urban Design and feel comfortable with the steep learning curve and experimentation required to engage and develop emerging technologies.
What is SUPERSPACE
SUPERSPACE is the design research group of Woods Bagot architects developing spatial systems for architecture and urban design. Artificial intelligence, big data and behavioural analysis are integrated to generate evidence-based user-centred environments. Spatial systems are developed in-house through stand-alone computer programming by a team of multi-disciplinary designers.
SUPERSPACE works internationally on the boundary between academia and practice and has conducted several research funding projects in collaboration with universities across Europe and the US.
About Woods Bagot:
Wood Bagot is a leading architecture and design company. We place human experience at the centre of our design process in order to deliver engaging, future-oriented projects that respond to the way people use space. We do this as a global design and consulting studio with a team of over 1000 experts working across 15 studios in Australia, Asia, Europe, the Middle East and North America. We operate in a collaborative and open environment where our global studio environment, ideas, teamwork and research allow us to deliver exceptional solutions to our clients.
Benefits we offer:
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Annual Discretionary Bonus
- Friday drinks, and regular social activities.
- Global Project experience.
If you have the knowledge, skills, and experience for this role, we would love to hear from you! Please email a copy of your resume and portfolio to Kushal Lal at Recruitment@woodsbagot.com or get in touch on (02) 9295 4023 for more information.
Woods Bagot is an equal opportunity employer that truly believes in the diversity of thought. Our diverse teams encourage our quest for Rigorous Curiosity, Uncompromising Design, Collective Intelligence, Effective Communication and Dynamic Careers for our people