August 12, 2019
Woods Bagot is looking for a driven, design-focused Senior Interior Designer who is looking for the next step in their career to join our Brisbane Studio!
About the role:
As a Senior Interior Designer, you will work collaboratively within our design team, taking projects from inception through to completion. This role will require someone with a client-centric mindset who prides themselves on delivering high-quality outcomes. To succeed in this role, you will need to be an all-rounder, who is reliable, knowledgeable and has a passion for working within a team environment
- Work with the design team to Prepare design ideas, pitch for projects, competitions and potential clients.
- Prepare space planning, test fits and schematic design schemes for commercial interior design projects
- Prepare design development presentations and design development documentation
- Furniture research, selection and specifications documents
- Prepare finishes and materials boards for client presentations and prepare final finish specification documents and plans
- Develop design ideas and convey ideation through plans, elevations, sketches.
- Assist Studio Design Leaders through participation in design reviews and mentoring
- 3D visualization techniques desirable
You will be responsible for producing creative and effective designs solutions for our clients. As a highly motivated, creative, and resourceful team member, you have a positive and professional attitude towards clients and fellow co-workers.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Minimum 7-9 years post-graduate experience (ideally in Australia)
- A strong mix of design, technical and management capabilities
- Experience on large scale projects, in particular, workplace, mixed-use or multi-residential project.
- Strong construction Knowledge, with a thorough understanding of the BCA.
- Mid-high level Revit delivery skills and advanced InDesign and Photoshop skills
- Ability to create, nurture and grow client and internal relationships
- Ability to lead a project from inception to completion
- Exceptional communication skills to liaise with internal and external clients.
- Exhibit creativity and strong problem-solving abilities, through a comprehensive portfolio of built and unbuilt projects
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in interior design or Interior Architecture
About Woods Bagot:
Wood Bagot is a leading architecture and design company. We place human experience at the centre of our design process in order to deliver engaging, future-oriented projects that respond to the way people use space. We do this as a global design and consulting studio with a team of over 1000 experts working across 15 studios in Australia, Asia, Europe, the Middle East and North America. We operate in a collaborative and open environment where our global studio environment, ideas, teamwork and research allow us to deliver exceptional solutions to our clients.
Benefits we offer:
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Annual Discretionary Bonus
- Friday drinks, and regular social activities.
- Global Project experience.
This is a great opportunity for a driven and design-focused Interior Designer looking to take the next step in their career, a truly exciting role supporting the leadership team in Brisbane and working collaboratively with our Global studio
If you have the knowledge, skills, and experience for this role, we would love to hear from you! Please email a copy of your resume and portfolio to Kushal Lal at Recruitment@woodsbagot.com or get in touch on (02) 9295 4023 for more information.
Woods Bagot is an equal opportunity employer that truly believes in the diversity of thought. Our diverse teams encourage our quest for Rigorous Curiosity, Uncompromising Design, Collective Intelligence, Effective Communication and Dynamic Careers for our people