June 10, 2019
Woods Bagot’s London studio is seeking a well-rounded Project Architect. The candidate should have strong technical and delivery experience, exceptional client service and a balanced sensibility for craftsmanship. Your primary duties will involve working on complex, high-profile and bespoke lifestyle projects within the retail sector across the UK and Europe.
This is a unique opportunity to form a core design team for signature clients and enjoy a rewarding project leadership role.
About the role
This position will contribute to Woods Bagot’s vision while demonstrating a comprehensive understanding of project requirements and the ability to convert the scope into Revit.
• Act as the key account contact and deliver exceptional client service
• Delivery of detailed Architectural SD, DD and CD packages
• Provide construction detailing solutions that maintain design intent and consider buildability
• Monitor and mitigate project risks and escalate where necessary
• Assist the Project Leader in maintaining quality delivery outcomes
• Maintain an awareness of all matters relevant to the design and production of the deliverables for the project
• Ensure the project is conducted in a way that maintains professionalism and skill
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience working across the full project life cycle.
Your qualifications include:
• UK or overseas qualified Architect
• Evident knowledge of UK building regulations
• Strong understanding of architectural documentation process
• Robust construction documentation and detailing capabilities
• Excellent design technique, construction knowledge, presentation skills and the ability to think strategically
• Experience curating design workshops with client and consultant teams
• Proficiency in preparing detailed drawing packages as required for design development, authority approval and construction
• Competency in software including Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino, Grasshopper, Vray desirable
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite particularly InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
Woods Bagot prides itself on driving Dynamic Careers. We believe that our people’s potential is released through opportunities and experiences, which are the reward for contribution, initiative and personal accountability. Our job is to help enable you to take your career to the next level.
If you have the knowledge, skills, and experience for this role, we would love to hear from you.
We offer a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package.