August 22, 2019
We are seeking a Systems Engineer to join our Global IT team. This role reports directly to the Global Leader of Information Technology and requires someone who can take ownership of application packaging and distribution of infrastructure and provide support for our global business.
- Assist with Application packaging and testing of design tech and other applications
- Work with the Design tech team to develop test automation as it applies to design software
- Work with third parties and software providers to minimise internal tasks associated with packaging
- Provide system administration support for different time zones through managing Virtual Desktops and Windows Servers across multiple locations
- Ensure the company adheres to best practice in disaster recovery and system recover-ability, along with information security
- To maintain personal and professional development, participate in appropriate training activities, encourage, and support the team in their development and training.
- Develop a standard operating environment that identifies approved software’s; and ensure that reports and dashboards are maintained to ensure global conformity.
The successful candidate will be able to work in a virtual team environment. You will have strong communication skills and have the ability and are used to working in a matrix organisation.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Advanced knowledge of imaging, patch management, scripting/automation, and software packaging technologies and processes, with emphasis on leveraging System Center Configuration Management (SCCM).
- Knowledge of MSI packaging tools. With the ability to build and manage packages, collections and assignments with SCCM 2007/2012 console.
- Must have the ability to work independently and perform rapid solution engineering under time-constrained conditions with limited support.
- Strong experience with Group Policy Objects (GPOs), writing and troubleshooting, including software deployment and security settings and configurations.
- Must have scripting experience – PowerShell, VBScript, and batch preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, software packages and products, including working knowledge of Windows 10 platform.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Desktop operating systems methodologies (file system, registry, services, etc.), as well as system tools and remote desktop support.
- Experience working with Jira and agile management tools
- Experience with ITIL as it relates to an IT service desk
About Woods Bagot:
Wood Bagot is a leading architecture and design company. We place human experience at the centre of our design process in order to deliver engaging, future-oriented projects that respond to the way people use space. We do this as a global design and consulting studio with a team of over 1000 experts working across 15 studios in Australia, Asia, Europe, the Middle East and North America We operate in a collaborative and open environment where our global studio environment, ideas, teamwork and research allow us to deliver exceptional solutions to our clients.
Benefits of Woods Bagot:
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Annual Discretionary Bonus
- Friday drinks, and regular social activities.
- Global Project experience.
If you have the knowledge, skills, and experience for this role, we would love to hear from you! Please get in touch with Kushal Lal at Recruitment@woodsbagot.com.
Please apply below with a cover letter and resume detailing your suitability for this position. Applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.