November 7, 2019
This position will support our existing global IT team with serving the desktop, software and connectivity needs of the NY Studio. This role will be the internal resource for maintaining excellent computer and network connectivity at all times. The ideal candidate will have significant experience supporting desktops/laptops, basic server/networking and corporate telecommunication systems. This position will require a flexible schedule, occasional evening hours and travel, on an as-needed basis.
Key Areas of Responsibility
| General Technical Support
- To provide technical support to IT requests from users for all PC hardware, software and associated peripherals.
- To maintain studio AV and VC equipment, including providing proactive maintenance, support and training
- To ensure IT within the studio is meeting the expectations of management and local teams
- Provide guidance and technical input for Studio IT needs such as setting up project sites and other requirements as they arise.
Manage IT requests
- To log support calls and document their outcome to facilitate the resolution of queries.
- To proactively provide information to users on the progress of outstanding support calls and helpdesk tickets. The Helpdesk system and software are kept up to date and messages are passed on and feedback received promptly.
- To redirect or escalate support requests to the appropriate member in Group IT if required.
Manage IT assets in the Studio
- To deploy PCs and associated peripherals including new installations and redeployment of existing equipment.
- To install and configure operating systems to agreed standards under the direction of Group IT.
- To maintain the existing PCs and peripherals to standards determined by Group IT by performing upgrades, new installations and carrying out routine procedures.
- To assist in the compilation and maintenance of an accurate inventory of hardware and software.
Policy and Standards
- To work with members of the studio team to ensure compliance with information and communication policies and procedures.
- To assist in the completion of the Group’s technical documentation, guidelines and procedures and ensure they are disseminated to users when requested.
- To provide at all times a professional, courteous and rapid response to individual users.
- To undertake such projects of a level commensurate with the responsibility of the position as designated by Group IT.
- To conform to Woods Bagot standards and guidelines with respect to information systems.
- To undertake such other work as may be assigned with is consistent with the nature of the job and its level of responsibility.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Customer Service—the individual manages difficult customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs and solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
Work Experience / Technical Skills
- Strong technical knowledge of telecommunications, network and PC operating systems.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- The candidate must possess excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills and should be able to work as a team player. This position will require working with many types of end users, from staff members to partners.
- Working knowledge of fundamental operations of Microsoft products, hardware and other equipment.
Qualifications and Education
- Bachelor’s degree and more than 5 years of AEC experience in IT.