May 6, 2020
- Lead creative design professionals and design projects within a global architectural firm
- Leverage your interior design and architecture expertise to create awe inspiring and functional interior design experiences in traditional workplaces, hospitality and retail
- Foster growth and recognition of our brand within the global marketplace
Our vibrant and energetic San Francisco Studio is looking for an enthusiastic, independent interior designer that possesses the unique ability to design and create interior experiences that are awe inspiring, functional and challenge the boundaries of traditional workplace, hospitality and retail focused interiors.
This newly created role is integral to the firm’s design sense and sensibility and vital to the continued global success we have garnered. The successful candidate will be a forward thinker with experience collaborating with clients to achieve significant business value by applying tailored solutions.
The role will align with Woods Bagot’s design approach, fuelled by research and experience while leading and strengthening our Consulting and Strategy profile, fostering growth and recognition of our brand within the global marketplace.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Oversee project design, project management and the project team.
- Guide, mentor and support the development of employees.
- Confer with clients, consultants, contractors, and other stakeholders during the various stages of project development.
- Prepare, produce and present interior design concepts, drawings and proposals that advance Woods Bagot architectural and interior design initiatives.
- Perform in a role that is client facing and requires a highly collaborative approach with teams locally and across our global studio.
- Develop client and industry relationships to create new project opportunities.
- Contribute to bid responses and interviews.
- Ensure high quality projects are consistent with Woods Bagot’s objectives and Business Plan.
- Identify and mitigate project risks in collaboration with Woods Bagot management.
- Highly skilled, excelling in conceptualization and the translation of ideas through to exceptional design outcomes.
- Demonstrates quick thinking, clear communication of ideas both verbally and through sketches/3-D visualization along with an understanding of interior detailing and project delivery to site.
- Active within the local design community and has a comprehensive knowledge of materials, furniture, equipment and local code requirements.
- Strong customer service approach to client management.
- High degree of drive, initiative and self-motivation.
- A proven record of project delivery in a hands-on and supervisory capacity, with the capability to deliver on time and within budget of built work.
Qualifications and Education
- Strong Revit proficiency and Adobe Suite are a must. (Use of AutoCad and Rhino are a plus.)
- Experience in construction administration for at least one completed built project.
- Experience in corporate workplace design, lifestyle/ hospitality and retail focused interiors.
- Solid understanding of FF&E is required.
- Deep understanding and experience in the production of construction documents on large scale projects.
- Deep understanding of design best practice, tools, techniques, market trends and product innovation.
- Experience in concept through to project completion.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (Architecture or Interior Architecture)
- 6-12 years of experience in an architecture and/or an interior design practice.
If you have the knowledge, skills, and experience for this role, we would love to hear from you. Please apply through LinkedIn Jobs and email a covering letter, resume and a PDF version of your portfolio to Christine Tom at CareersNA@woodsbagot.com detailing your suitability for this position. Applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. We do not accept unsolicited resumes or names from agencies.
Woods Bagot is an equal opportunity employer that truly believes in diversity and inclusion. Our diverse teams encourage our quest for Rigorous Curiosity, Uncompromising Design, Collective Intelligence, Effective Communication and Dynamic Careers for our people.
- It is an essential requirement that at the time of applying for this position applicants must have the legal right to work in the United States (no visa sponsorship).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (Architecture or Interior Architecture).