March 19, 2020
Our vibrant and energetic San Francisco Studio is in search of an enthusiastic independent interior designer that possesses the unique ability to design and create interior experiences that are awe inspiring, functional and challenge the boundaries of traditional workplace, hospitality and retail focused interiors.
This newly created role is integral to the firms design sense and sensibility and vital to the continued Global success we have garnered. This Interior Designer will be a forward thinker with experience collaborating with clients to achieve significant business value by applying tailored solutions.
The role will align with Woods Bagot’s design approach, fuelled by research and experience while leading and strengthening the Consulting and Strategy profile, fostering growth and recognition of the Brand within the Global marketplace.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for the coordination of the project design and project team.
- Confers with clients, consultants, contractors, and others during various stages of project development.
- Preparing, producing and presenting interior design concepts, drawings and proposals that advance Woods Bagot architectural and interior design initiatives.
- Guide, mentor and encourage the development of other staff.
- Perform in a role that is client facing and highly collaborative with and within teams locally and across our Global Studio.
- Support the Design Principal in developing relationships and creating project opportunities.
- Contribute to bid responses and interviews.
- Ensure that projects are conducted in a way which impresses people both outside and within Woods Bagot with our professionalism and skill, and which is consistent with Woods Bagot’s objectives and Business Plan.
- Ensure that all project risks are identified and mitigated in coordination with Woods Bagot management.
- Ensure that the project is managed effectively and with foresight and to maximize profit within the context of other responsibilities
- Strong Revit proficiency is a must. Use of AutoCad, Rhino and Adobe Suite is ideal.
- Highly skilled and talented Designer who excels in conceptualization and the translation of ideas through to exceptional design outcomes.
- Ability for quick thinking, clear communication of ideas both verbally and through sketches / visualization, and an understanding of interior detailing and project delivery to site.
- Understanding and experience of corporate workplace design, Lifestyle/hospitality, and integrated interior architecture projects are favourable.
- Solid understanding of FF&E is required for this position, and the individual will be active within the local design community and have a comprehensive knowledge of materials, furniture, equipment and local code requirements.
- High level of professionalism.
- Strong customer service approach to client management.
- High degree of drive and initiative, and comfortable to be self-motivated to complete tasks, team members, and deliver on projects.
- A proven record of project delivery, in a hands-on and supervisory capacity, on time and within budget of built work.
- Deep understanding and experience in the production of construction documents on large scale project.
- Understanding of generally applied procurement processes in the local market.
- Deep understanding of design best practice, tools, techniques, market trends and product innovation.
Qualifications and Education
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 6-10 years of experience from Concept through CD and CA phases, including completed built work
- Track record of client engagement experience (2x client references)