December 19, 2019
Due to ongoing success, our Hong Kong studio is currently seeking an experienced Design Leader to join the design leadership team for the China region.
About the role:
As a Design Leader, you will be responsible for developing creative design solutions across a variety of projects and sectors. This role requires someone who has a true passion for design and is eager to stay abreast of developments of design techniques and trends, as well as being a mentor to other designers within our Hong Kong studio. The ideal candidate will be experienced in building client relationships, leading and mentoring a team, and have a track record of high-quality conceptual design work. The role will require a hands-on and collaborative approach and the ability to develop and articulate creative design concepts within a team environment.
Key Competences of the Successful applicant will be:
- Understanding of principles of highest quality design
- Ability to create innovative original design solutions
- Ability to interpret and develop a retail brief, work with stakeholders & design teams
- Creative, fast thinking and ability to convey ideas through sketches
- Ability to handle engineering co-ordination of architecture
- Ability to lead a design team and deliver on time
- Project resource and time planning and management
- Strong team briefing and communication skills
This position will suit an experienced Design Leader with an outstanding portfolio in large-scale projects in Hong Kong and globally. You will have a strong entrepreneurial spirit, coupled with exceptional design skills, a track record of developing innovative approaches to applying the latest tools and processes in their project work. Our ideal applicant will be at their best working in an open, collaborative, highly connected environment. In this role, you will work closely with the project teams to compose strategic design concepts then manage the team in developing and delivering world class design products that create high value assets for our clients.
- Degree holder in architecture from recognized institutions
- Minimum 15 years relevant experience in design field
- Relevant experience in high quality Asia & Global region large scale projects
- Strong conceptual design, communication and presentation skills
- Sound experience in the management of projects (design + design team)
- Excellent communication in spoken & written English & Mandarin
- Experience in 2D and 3D graphic and presentation skills
- Self-motivation and focus
- A willingness to undertake regional short duration trips for client liaison
About Woods Bagot:
Wood Bagot is a leading architecture and design company. We place human experience at the centre of our design process in order to deliver engaging, future-oriented projects that respond to the way people use space. We do this as a global design and consulting studio with a team of over 1000 experts working across 15 studios in Australia, Asia, Europe, the Middle East and North America. We operate in a collaborative and open environment where our global studio environment, ideas, teamwork and research allow us to deliver exceptional solutions to our clients.
Benefits we offer:
- Rental Benefit Scheme
- Group Medical Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Annual Discretionary Bonus
- Friday drinks, and regular social activities
- Global Project experience
If you are looking to building into the next stage of your career, as local studio leader, we would like to meet with you. Woods Bagot is an equal opportunity employer. All personal data collected by the Company will be kept confidential and used only for recruitment purpose.
Please submit 3-5 work samples in 8-1/2” x 11” size (PDF format, 3MB maximum file size) with your cover letter, full resume, latest & expected salary in HK Dollars, availability, references to the attention of Recruitment Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about Woods Bagot is available on our website http://www.woodsbagot.com
(Candidates via recruitment agencies will not be considered)