Woods Bagot is expanding its Beijing practice and seeking to identify a “best athlete” candidate that possesses exceptional architectural design skills, proven leadership, experience on large scale mixed use tall tower projects, ability to solve technical issues, work collaboratively with others through the conceptualization of ideas in a highly connected environment. Innovative, creative and well-rounded professional that design, coordinate and help lead a team in the production of high quality projects.
- Conducts original research into architectural methodologies and materials, engineering and environmental systems, and cultural and natural precedents as well as sector specific investigations of workplace and/or lifestyle environments.
- Designs innovative architectural concepts in direct response to unique user, programmatic, environmental and cultural contexts through the integration of leading-edge planning, engineering, interiors, and other required systems. Defines and develops functional and spatial requirements of new structures or renovations, and prepares information regarding design, specifications, materials, colour, equipment, estimated costs, and construction time.
- Responsible for the coordination of the project design and project team.
- Prepares and reviews design documents, construction documents, shop drawings, and materials for compliance with design intent and program requirements
- Develops design drawings, such as plans, sections, elevations and models using hand drawings as well as advanced CAD and 3D software
- Solves complex problems in connection with the architectural design of projects through the integration of building simulation and research to optimize building performance.
- Assists in development of local office standards, policies, and procedures.
- Confers with clients, consultants, contractors, and others during various stages of project development.
- Guides and encourages the development of other staff
- Participates in marketing and business development.
- Completion of a professional architectural degree program. Advanced study in Digital Design.
- Five or more years of experience and progressive responsibilities in all phases of architecture and substantial experience in the innovative design of complex, large-scale, multi-use urban projects in the US and abroad including experience designing and developing super-tall high-rise towers.
- Specific experience and expertise in global benchmark projects in the commercial, hospitality, transportation, and/or cultural sectors.
- High level skills and experience in conceptual design phases and instigation of projects including high quality design research, sketching, illustration and rendering abilities.
- Expertise in advanced 3D software and programming including Revit, 3DS Max, Rhino 3D, Vray Mental Ray, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite and After Effects to visualize, manipulate and compile complex geometries.
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of architectural design, detailing, building materials, building codes, construction techniques, and costs.
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of general architectural practice including programming, site planning, civil, structural, mechanical, and electrical engineering
- Complete and thorough knowledge of Woods Bagot and the New York studio’s standards, policies and procedures.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit with exceptional communication and collaboration skills.
If you have the knowledge, skills, and experience for this role, please submit your resume along with a cover letter outlining your suitability to the position and an electronic copy of your portfolio to Angell Liang at Angell.Liang@woodsbagot.com.