March 19, 2020
Woods Bagot is expanding its newly established Los Angeles Studio and seeking an Intermediate to Senior Project Architect to ensure the efficient day to day planning of projects. The Project Architect will take responsibility for overseeing the development of the project, including directing staff, consultants and other resources involved in the project.
Our team is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated Project Architect, with 8-12 years of experience and who is skilled at preparing design documentation drawings from Schematic Design thru Construction Documents phase and Construction Administration. A solid candidate that supervises the development of architectural projects, including architectural design, design detailing, building code analysis, construction document production, and construction administration, coordinating with a diversified team.
A candidate that is nimble and possesses a solid understanding of delivering architectural projects, that can work collaboratively, manage clients and other key stake holders regardless of geography. Aviation experience and CA architectural license a BIG PLUS.
Skills that are Relevant:
- Project planning and staff budgeting, design, construction documents, client communications and team leadership.
- Adept at delegating work effectively and coordinating the work of others.
- Strong knowledge of the design delivery process, good common sense and articulate graphic and verbal communication and writing skills are an absolute necessity.
- Establish meetings, and participate in reviews with various governing agencies for code compliance
- Conduct work sessions at project site in conjunction with Project Principal and others
- Coordinate workload of team members through multiple phases to complete documents on schedule
- Review architectural documents and perform QA/QC and technical reviewsMust have experience in preparation and layout of architectural contract documents and specifications
- Strong knowledge of codes and good planning skills
- Mentors and directs the work of less experienced staff, participates in professional development reviews and “Lessons Learned” sessions.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
The firm continually expands and challenges the expectations of multi-disciplinary architectural practice in a shifting, fast-moving digital era. Its portfolio is worldwide in scope, diverse in scale and discipline, and encompasses some of the highest-profile projects currently underway in North America, Europe, Asia, Australia, and the Middle East. The firm’s work is defined by its clarity of narrative and by the extensive use of state-of-the-art analytics as a platform for design. Above all, Woods Bagot prioritizes human experience of employees and clients alike in its delivery of engaging, future-oriented projects.