Reporting to the Director of SUPERSPACE, the role will collaborate with the design research group and will be part of the development of new design methodologies for SUPERSPACE. This is a newly created position and plays an integral role in the implementation of SUPERSPACE.
- Involved in design, strategy and communication methodology development of SUPERSPACE
- Use of Artificial Intelligence / Artificial Life expertise
- Project development and application
- Communication of SUPERSTREAM updates, project deadlines and information
What is SUPERSPACE
SUPERSPACE is the design research group of Woods Bagot architects developing spatial systems for architecture and urban design. Artificial intelligence, big data and behavioural analysis are integrated to generate evidence-based user-centred environments. Spatial systems are developed in-house through stand-alone computer programming by a team of multi-disciplinary designers.
SUPERSPACE works internationally on the boundary between academia and practice and has conducted several research funding projects in collaboration with universities across Europe and the US.
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have previous experience in developing new design methodologies based on Artificial Intelligence / Artificial Life. You work well as part of a diverse team and are confident in computer programing, design development and methodologies across architecture, interiors and master planning.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- 2 years experience in a similar field
- Tertiary qualifications in Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning / Cognitive Science / Computing Science / Mathematics
- Extensive experience in design disciplines
- Intermediate computer programming knowledge
- Strong Graphic skills
- code framework developments for sector and typology design.
- data collection, analytics and visualization.
- design concept generation and script-based sketching.
- architectural project team embedding.
- web-based visualization.
- project presentation and report creation.
- work across time zones with distributed super-space team.
This is a full time position based in our Perth Studio
Salary range: $60,000 - $80,000
Opening Date: 7 Feb 19
Closing Date: 9 March 19