About the Role
The role of the Senior Design Leader is to work with the design team in the management of the conceptual design process and to take the leading role in the development of design solutions together with their incorporation into and maintenance throughout the subsequent design and construction phases to compile and lead creative and effective presentations of our projects.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- In producing the conceptual design solution, awareness of and response to the strategic, financial and time planning for the project
- Review and finalise all deliverables, undertaking thorough research of both the client's needs and requirements and other similar or related projects to gain a full understanding of the design problems and parameters
- To take responsibility within Woods Bagot in collaboration with the client for the professional, financial and management performance of a project
- Marketing Woods Bagot's design expertise on the project and for the team and assistance in the raising of Woods Bagot's reputation for design excellence
- Development and maintenance of a reputation and acceptance, both outside and within Woods Bagot as a skilled and innovative designer
- To keep abreast of developments in design techniques and trends
- Lead a design team from briefing, space planning, concept, detail design, documentation, tendering, site and close-out process
- To provide leadership to the Project Team and to undertaking an ongoing review of subsequent stages of the project to ensure that the integrity of the agreed design solutions is maintained particularly with regard to development of the design and late variations to the design brief
- Acting as a mentor to other designers within the team
- Undertake business development and attend industry events, maintain client relationships
- Bachelor Degree holder in related major from recognized institution
- Proficient in, AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Photoshop, InDesign, Rhino etc.
- 15 years + creative design & experience in various projects on office, retail, mixed-use
- Organisation and time management
- Effective communicator
- Collaborative approach
- Ability to speak English and Mandarin (oral and written)
If you have the knowledge, skills, and experience for this role, please submit your resume along with a cover letter outlining your suitability to the position and an electronic copy of your portfolio to Eva Yeung at firstname.lastname@example.org.