Unlike anything Sydney has ever seen, ivy offers a dazzling constellation of bars, dining facilities, shops, lounge areas and lifestyle indulgences. It’s a night out, a meeting place, function venue, an escape from reality.
Located in the heart of Sydney’s tight urban fabric of George Street, the 20,000 m
building offers a public landscaped oasis within a predominantly commercial domain.
The integrated precinct comprises:
- Nine boutique retail spaces which utilise a central alley way
- Six bars, two of which offer extensive outdoor spaces
- Three specialist restaurants including a New York style grill
- A specialist venue dedicated to live music performances
- An ulitmate function room which can hold 1000 people on one
level. It also includes state of the art audio visual facilities and
- A two level office facility exclusively for the Merivale Group
- Two penthouses
- A lifestyle complex comprising of a pool club and a day spa.
Woods Bagot formed a collaboration with Merivale, Cornwell Design and Hecker Guthrie for all components of the design, the outcome being a unique blend of highly integrated architecture, interior design, signage and hospitality.
The Sydney Morning Herald & The Age's 'Australia's Best Houses'
Urbis Magazine's Design Annual
- Best Australian Building
IDEA09 Interior Design Excellence Awards
- IDEA09 Overall Winner
- Hospitality Winner
- Multi-Residential, Highly Commended
Australian Institute of Architects National Awards 2009
- Harry Seidler Award for Commercial Architecture
- National Award (Urban Design)
Interior Design Awards, Australia 2009
- Best of State, Commercial Design, New South Wales
- Hospitality Design Award
Australian Institute of Architects (NSW) 2009
- Lloyd Rees Award for Outstanding Urban Design
- Commercial Architecture Award
More awards can be found on the
1 of 16